10. Competitive pricing: In general, green printing is priced competitively although it may sometimes be higher due to additional costs that traditional printers don’t have (e.g., higher prices for recycled paper and newer equipment to minimize waste & inefficiencies). However, all printers generally offer more competitive pricing for projects that fit their specific capabilities. Plus, if you follow our tips for saving on printing in a down economy, you may even save money!
9. Clients expect it: Your clients (or donors or members, for nonprofits) are looking for the businesses and organizations that they support to be socially and environmentally responsible. Printing green allows you to demonstrate your commitment to sustainability.
8. Employees appreciate it: Like your clients, your employees are also looking for businesses and organizations to be socially and environmentally responsible (chances are, they’re already taking steps to be green at home). Environmental initiatives may even have HR benefits such as boosting morale and recruiting top talent.
7. It shows initiative: Going green is not a fad that’s going away. It’s only a matter of time before all businesses move towards sustainability. Switching your business printing to green printing now allows you to be proactive in your steps towards environmental responsibility.
6. Great results: You don’t have to give up quality to print in line with your values. Recycled paper and soy and vegetable-based inks produce high quality results with vibrant colors that pop. If you would like to see the quality of green printing, you can request a sample packet and we’ll send you printed samples on different papers.
5. There’s no excuse not to: In the past, it may have been possible to come up with excuses not to print green: it was too expensive, or recycled paper was low quality. None of those excuses apply anymore. The pricing is competitive, and top-notch results are possible with recycled paper and soy and vegetable-based inks.
4. It’s easy: The basic design and printing processes are the same as in traditional printing. If you’re already ordering traditional printing, you don’t need to do anything different, other than to make the switch. Our Greening Your Printing series provides you with all you need to know to get started.
3. Support the transition to a green economy: Although our political elections attract the most attention, millions of elections actually take place every day – every dollar spent is a vote of approval cast for a company. Printing green supports businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible and moves us closer to a green economy.
2. You’re going to print anyways: Yes, the first step towards conservation is reduction, and sometimes not printing is the greenest way to go (even we as printers send an e-newsletter instead of a printed newsletter!). Yet there are times when printed materials are needed, whether it’s business cards for networking events or marketing collateral for sales presentations. As long as we’re going to be printing anyways, we should do so responsibly.
1. Save the planet – and ourselves: The environmental benefits from green printing are significant and reflect the cumulative effect of thousands of orders for business cards, brochures, folders, and more – your choices do indeed make a difference! And our own well-being is inextricably linked to that of the planet on which we depend for everything that we eat, drink, wear and buy. Ultimately, printing responsibly is not just good for the planet, but it’s good for us as well.